QPR UI 2017.9 "Christmas Edition" has been released with the following major new features:
- The product name has changed: The old QPR MobileDashboard is now QPR UI! QPR UI will be the common user interface for all QPR products. The old name QPR MobileDashboard is not used any more.
- Federated authentication (SAML2) functionality has been improved, and now during login, QPR UI is able to create new user accounts and set users to groups based on passed information from the identity provider service. There isn't any more a need to separately maintain user accounts in QPR products.
- New datasource to QPR Reporting Add-on expression language is available, which, comparing to QPR Suite Web Service, provides much more powerful query engine, having e.g. joinings, aggregations, conversions, and mathematical calculations. You can even create queries to any ODBC datasources and present data from there in QPR UI.
- QPR UI mobile mode threshold width, which by default is 800 pixels, can now be changed. The mobile mode is disabled by setting the threshold to zero. The mobile mode automatically arranges panels vertically, and disabling it allows view designer to accurately set the view layout for mobile devices.
- Panel headers visual layout has been improved, and also header icons have been changed.
- There is a new function in the QPR UI client side expression language to get useful information related to the environment and user session, for example user name, groups, session id, language and QPR UI url. This information can be used when building QPR UI views.
- There is a new QPR UI Installation Checklist available guiding though the entire installation process: https://devnet.onqpr.com/pawiki/index.php/QPR_UI_Installation_Checklist
QPR UI 2017.9 can be downloaded from the QPR UI Wiki.